Theme Settling

I’m starting to settle into this Moesia Theme (you can see it in action on the Mickey test blog, this is one I set up to allow switching of themes). I like the big splash welcome:

folio-front

This can have text you customize, and not just the title of the blog. It has three photos it loads at random. I’ve also used the “Call to Action” button to link to my about page. And it had an option to display this big image only on the home page.

Unlike some themes that have some giant control panel, Moesia is managed via the WordPress -> Customize interface, which means you see previews of the changes as you edit.

Setting the welcome area images in Moesia, via the Header options. Three images, set to randomize
Single post/page options in  Moesia. Unchecking the first two blocks means featured images are not used on the display, only the front page.
Single post/page options in Moesia. Unchecking the first two blocks means featured images are not used on the display, only the front page.
Customizing the Welcome area in Moesia, all of these are special for this theme. Bottom check box shows this only on front page.

I’m still sorting out some of the features, but have been able to change the front layout to use the “masonry” style that I like in Baskverville as well.

As usual, I tend to modify these as I go, I do not get too worried about trying to fix every option at the outset.

Front view of this site.
Front view of this site.

It does have a load of its own content types, widgets and other exotic featured I have yet to try.

But I am starting to find my way around.

About cogdog

I bark about and play with technology and web stuff. Harmless. I have my shots.