And Thus, Dog Food Shall Be Eaten

Sure it’s clichĂ©. And I have a dog house full of metaphors.

But it seems a tad hypocritical to be asking participants in the You Show to be creating portfolios and sites and not be doing it myself.

It’s one of the hallmarks of teaching this kind of distributed connected courses that I learned from Jim Groom in his teaching of ds106 and original, the mother of the motherblog, Barbara Ganley — to do the assignments you ask students to do.

That’s a lot to take on, given how work is happening to run the class– but any excuse sounds like an excuse.

Munch munch munch.

The Rowan Show
cc licensed ( BY-NC-ND ) flickr photo shared by Rambling Vegans

So my goal here is to catch up on some previous reflections from scattered notes, to fill in some portfolio items to represent the various projects doing or done here (e.g. the SPLOT tools).

Now I stop talking about blogging and blog about blogging.

One thing to deal with is where my primary blogging activity happens at cogdogblog.com. It’s been continuous since 2002. And I see no end in sight.

My strategy when branching out when writing in these other spaces uses the same RSS / Syndication / Feed WordPress approach we use on the You Site and others; I do not want every single post here being republished, just ones I mark as so.

I create ad category on this site called “Syndicate”. That means I have a category view of all these posts. This means in CogDogBlog, I can add an entry into Feed WordPress (the plugin that manages syndication) for the feed http://cogdog.trubox.ca/category/syndicate/feed.

This means the post I wrote yesterday on this blog has a copy residing on my main blog (and as well, it has an additional line of info letting the reader know of the source, am I attributing myself? you betchya!)

self-syndication

I call this a process of personal syndication. I also syndicate in selected posts from my photography site (itself maybe a portfolio?). These appear in CogDogBlog in their own category.

So this bowl of dog food is hyper connected.

About cogdog

I bark about and play with technology and web stuff. Harmless. I have my shots.